Construction is one of Knowsley’s key sectors.
We have a pipeline of major developments (both residential and commercial) that are already underway or about to commence, eg. The adoption of Knowsley’s Local Plan releases approx. 164 hectares of employment land, and a plan to build 8,100 new homes to fulfil the Housing Strategy.
These and other projects will help boost Knowsley’s business, leisure and housing offer, and assist us to capitalise on our close proximity to both Liverpool and Manchester.
Developers, the construction industry and its supply chain will be offered a wide variety of opportunities to be part of the economic growth strategy we therefore launched a Construction Forum in 2018.
The aims are to :-
- Bring together and establish a network of companies from the construction and development sectors
- Develop, promote and create opportunities for businesses in the sector across Knowsley and the city region to accelerate growth and to do more business
- Improve skills, increase employment opportunities and highlight supply chain opportunities, eg. Meet the Buyer events, opportunities coming forward through Due North (the CHEST)
- Enable the sector to have a collective voice on local, regional and national issues through the Chamber
- Raise awareness around legislative changes, compliance, procurement etc
- Register interests in order to receive updates for tender alerts, property news etc.
If you are interested in working with us to make Knowsley – a place where people choose to invest, work and do business in order to achieve long-term economic prosperity then contact us email@example.com or call 0151 477 1356