GOV.UK has collated six steps of guidance for UK businesses trading internationally. The dedicated web-page contains guidance and useful links to more information and support.
To read a summary of the help available to you, read below. To connect to the full GOV support page with active links CLICK HERE
1. DIT support for UK businesses trading internationally
This advice is for UK businesses that export or deliver goods and services abroad and have been impacted by the spread of coronavirus. It includes:
- DIT support for UK business trading internationally
- Financial support for business trading internationally
- If your supply chain has been affected by coronavirus, DIT can help you to find alternative suppliers.
- International support for businesses involved in overseas projects
2. Financial support for British businesses trading internationally
UK Export Finance (UKEF) works with banks and insurance brokers to help companies of all sizes fulfil and get paid for export contracts. It provides guarantees, loans and insurance on behalf of the government that can protect UK exporters facing delayed payments or transit restrictions.
3. International business travel
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has the latest advice about travelling abroad,
4. DIT coronavirus (COVID-19) business support contacts
If you have questions on international trade and coronavirus (COVID-19) visit the dedicated business support website for more information.
5. Government coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support
6. Export controls regarding personal protective equipment (PPE)
The Department of Health and Social Care have published guidance outlining the PPE export control process.