If you’re a business or organisation based in Knowsley, a Single Point of Contact is available if you have any worries or concerns regarding COVID-19.
The SPOC’s role is to support you to:
- Prevent any cases of COVID-19 by advising on control measures for your workplace to become COVID-secure
- Manage a suspected or confirmed case / outbreak of COVID-19 in your workplace
The SPOC can be contacted by telephone 0151 443 4712 or COVID19.SPOC@knowsley.gov.uk
Prevention is the most effective method of stopping transmission and outbreaks of COVID-19 in your workplace. Having effective infection prevention and control measures in place will ensure your staff and customers stay safe and you are able to continue trading.
Follow our 6 steps to a safer workplace:
- Carry out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and make your workplace is ‘COVID-Secure’
- Develop strong systematic cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Help people to work from home if possible
- Maintain 2m social distancing where possible
- Manage the risk of transmission (stagger start / finish times, use screens and barriers, use fixed teams or partnering to reduce the number of contacts)
- Encourage staff to self-isolate if they have symptoms, have tested positive, been in close contact with someone who has tested positive