Would you like to better your awareness of Dementia or support those who are suffering with Dementia?
Here is a list about Dementia related resources that are available to you:
- Become a Dementia Friend Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/register-digital-friend
- Attend a Dementia Friend Information Session Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/register-digital-friend
- Become a Dementia Friend Champion Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/DF_WEBC_RegisterChampionIntroFor Dementia Training:
- Training for individuals – One day public access course Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/dementia-professionals/training-consultancy/training-individuals. Attend one of Alzheimer’s Society best-selling public access courses to find out more about dementia and learn how to confidently support people affected by the condition.
- Training for organisations – Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/dementia-professionals/training-consultancy/step-inside-course-support-people-living-dementia. This skills-based course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia. With support and guidance from expert trainers, see the world through the eyes of someone living with dementia.
- Train the trainer Log on to Alzheimer’s Society website for more details https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/dementia-professionals/training-consultancy/step-inside-train-trainer
Dementia Friendly Environments:
- Alzheimer’s Society: Dementia friendly resources for organisations
- Dementia Action Alliance: Developing more dementia friendly environments
- Dementia Action Alliance: Dementia friendly physical environments checklist
- Social Care Institute for Excellence: Dementia environment at home
- Stirling University Dementia centre
- Alzheimer’s Society: Dementia friendly signage
- Sainsbury’s: Clear signs to support customers with dementia