In response to the economic impact of Covid-19, the Government has made funding available via grants for eligible businesses within the Small Business Rate Relief threshold, and those in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. Knowsley Council estimates that there is up to £14.78m to distribute to Knowsley businesses that are eligible for this money. Over 95% of this money has already reached Knowsley businesses. Please view this page (click here) to check if you are eligible for these grants.
The government has allocated a further £739,000 to Knowsley Council to fund a Discretionary Business Grants Scheme. This scheme is for businesses that are not eligible for the grants mentioned above.
Who Can Apply
The grant scheme is for micro businesses and small and medium enterprises. To qualify for the grant applicants must provide evidence of meeting the following criteria:
The applicant must:-
• occupy commercial property, or part of a commercial property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000, or is an ‘anchor business’ with a rateable value of over £51,000
• provide evidence of a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis
• include evidence that they have fewer than 50 employees across all its group businesses
• include evidence that they were trading on 11 March 2020
• confirm that they are not eligible for the Grants for Small Business Rate Relief and Retail Discount Recipients
• confirm that they are not in administration or insolvency
The funding of £739,000 is split into FIVE separate grant categories, each with different criteria. You can only apply for ONE grant:-
– Shared / All Inclusive Space / Market Trader Grant
– Small Business Grant
– Anchor Business Grant
– Bed and Breakfast Support Grant
– Voluntary Sector Support Grant
The Application Process
A ‘grant application window’ will open at 10.00 am on Monday 8 June 2020, and will close at 5.00 pm on Friday 19 June 2020. During this period, the Council will accept fully completed online forms, which must include the required evidence to support each application. The grant can only be processed when all supporting documents are received. Should there be sufficient funds after the first ‘window’, a further ‘window’ may be opened (but this is not guaranteed).
For further information on the eligibility criteria and application process please click on the following link: Discretionary Business Support Grant.