The fund will offer grants focused on helping businesses to retain jobs and meet operational costs during these difficult periods of trading. It is designed to be complementary to additional measures provided by the Government such as the Jobs Support Scheme and the Local Restrictions Support Grant.
The aim is that the first funding will reach applicants within 10 days of applications being approved, with subsequent payments phased over the period of the grant.
Who can apply?
These grants are for businesses in the Leisure & Hospitality industry whose activities have been significantly affected by Covid-19 restrictions. The grant will support businesses that are able to continue trading through these difficult times, or that have been forced to close as part of the Government’s Tier 3 Lockdown.
Eligible businesses will be:
- Small and micro hospitality and leisure businesses
- Based in the Liverpool City Region – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral
- With at least one full time equivalent employee
- An on-going concern
- Business to consumer
- Trading from a commercial premises
The types of business that will be eligible are:
- Amusement and visitor attractions (family entertainment centres)
- Art galleries / museums (privately owned)
- Bowling alleys
- Cafés with indoor/outdoor seating
- Camping and caravan sites
- Gyms, yoga and dance centres
- Ice rinks
- Leisure centres
- Outdoor pursuits centre
- Play centres and soft play centres
- Private golf courses and driving ranges
- Public houses
- Registered bed and breakfast accommodation (not Airbnb accommodation)
- Sports clubs (eg football, rugby)
- Theatres, cinemas and event spaces
- Trampoline centres
- Urban farms
How do I apply?
Payment of the Hospitality & Leisure Support Grant
Grants will be awarded based on the number of Full Time Equivalent people that businesses employ as well as the rateable value (or rent value if below the rateable value threshold) of the commercial premises occupied. Grants will be paid on a phased basis and future payments will be subject to the satisfactory receipt of relevant information that shows that the business is still trading, that it is employing the number of staff claimed for and that it is able to receive the grant as per State Aid rules.
How much will I get?
If your application is successful, the amount you get depends on the number of Full Time Equivalent staff in your organisation, whether your business is continuing to trade and the Rateable Value, or level of rent payments associated with your property.
For further information about the Hospitality and Leisure Support Grant and the evidence you will need to provide to support your application, please refer to the full Guidance and Checklist.