The Knowsley Apprentice programme supports employers each year in recruiting an apprentice.
Below are details on what the service has to offer, if you are interested in securing funding this year all Apprentice Job Descriptions must be completed and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 10th May 2019.
- The Knowsley Apprentice programme offers a grant to the employer of £3,000 per Apprentice for a Knowsley resident age 16 to 24. The grant can be used to match fund the Apprentices salary or pay towards the apprenticeship qualification if the employer is a none levy paying employer.
- Initial consultation with the employer / Manager to obtain all relevant information on the Apprenticeship job vacancy
- Support in completion of a Job description/Vacancy stencil should this be required
- Advertisement of vacancies via KMBC website, LCR Partners & providers, schools Career events, the City region apprenticeship hub and local news letters to residents.
- Arrange and deliver recruitment open days and assessment centres ( if required)
- CV / Application form matching and sifting
- Scheduling and arranging interviews
- Supporting interview processes (if required)
- A qualified and experienced mentor will facilitate regular reviews for the first year to guarantee sustainability.
- All apprentices will be supported through an academic college course which will enhance skills and knowledge within the workplace. Changes have taken place over the years and depending on young person age there may be a costing for the qualification.
Please see recruitment timeline below:
- 10 May 2019 – JD’s back
- 7th June 2019 – Vacancies go live
- 11th July 2019 – Close vacancies
- 24th & 25th July 2019 – Assessment Days (The Venue) each young person is assessed on their English and Maths.
- 29th July 2019 – Packs to employers (application forms and assessment scores will be delivered to each employer)
- 2nd August 2019 – Employer shortlisting back to Apprenticeship Team
- 14th August 2019 – Interviews (The Venue) Employers can interview at your own premises – please liaise with the Apprenticeship team as we will co-ordinate all interviews.
- 2nd September 2019 – Apprentice start date ( Flexible throughout September 2019 )
To find out more please call 0151 443 2261