- The grant is £4,500 per apprentice paid at £500 per month for the first 9 months of the apprenticeship.
- The apprentice must be aged 16 to 24 and be a Knowsley resident (proof of address maybe required)
- Employer must pay National Minimum Wage for age (see breakdown attached) not government apprentice rate
- Employer must commit to the length of the apprenticeship standard to be discussed with the college/training provider.
- Employment contract must be a minimum of 30 hours per week including study day which includes 20% off the job training.
- You will be allocated a Mentor who will require regular access to the apprentice and their supervisor to monitor progress to help sustain employment. Apprentice review usually take place every 4/6 weeks.
To take part of the summer recruitment you will need to follow the timeline below:
- 7th May – Job descriptions back
- 1 June – Knowsley Apprentice goes Live on website
- 21 July – Packs to employers
- 30 July – Deadline all shortlisting
- W/C 9 August – Interviews
- 1 Sept – Apprentice starts
If you would like to recruit sooner than this then please let us know.
Once you have completed the blank job description and returned the required paperwork we will contact the training provider to confirm the apprenticeship qualification and length. Once this is confirmed with the employer, we will start the recruitment process, see below:
- Apprentice vacancies will be advertised on The Knowsley Apprentice website and promoted on social media and through partners.
- Applicants will download the application form on the website and email to the Knowsley Apprentice Team.
- Applicants will be offered support with application and interview techniques if required.
- Knowsley Apprentice Team will sift applications and send to employer after closing date.
- Employer will shortlist for interview and choose interview dates and times.
- Knowsley Apprentice Team can arrange interviews if required.
- Once successful Apprentice has been confirmed with start date, all paperwork must be completed on start date and college sign up will be arranged.
- It is important communication is kept open at all times throughout the process.
If you would like to start the process, please send completed job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries, please contact The Knowsley Apprenticeship Team on 07919 298 535 or 07824 372 205.