GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
|Local Restrictions Support Grants (for Closed Businesses) due to the national restrictions introduced from 5 January 2021
|Applications are now open for Local Restrictions Support Grants (for Closed Businesses) that have been legally required to close due to national restrictions introduced from 5 January 2021.
To qualify for these grants, the business must be based in Knowsley and have been:
- Legally required to close due to national restrictions imposed by the Government, as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
- Registered for the payment of non-domestic rates for the premises as at 5 January 2021
- Have been open and trading as usual immediately before the national restrictions were applied from 5 January 2021 (unless subject to closure under the previous Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 local restrictions for Liverpool City Region).
- Have been providing services in person to customers from the premises prior to the introduction of the restrictions
|Businesses Required to Close Under National Restrictions
|Businesses that are required to close under national restrictions are:
- All non-essential retail
- Personal care facilities (e.g. hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons)
- Hospitality and entertainment venues
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
A more detailed list of the businesses required to close can be found Here
|Examples of businesses that will be excluded from the schemes are:
- Businesses that are able to continue to trade because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- Businesses subject to legal restrictions that are implemented for less than 14 days and businesses that are closed for less than 14 days.
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the legal restrictions, as defined by Government.
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been legally required to do so.
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- Businesses that were in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made.
|Please note that to complete this application form you will need:
- The 10-digit account reference from your Non-Domestic Rate bill
- Your business bank account details
- A scan or photo of a bank statement from the last 3 months to upload with your application
- Company registration number (if you are a limited company)
- The ratepayer and trading name from your non-domestic rate account
Businesses that were not legally required to close under the national restrictions should not apply for this grant, as they will not be entitled and all such applications will be rejected.
For further information on this Grant, as well as the application please Click HERE