INTRODUCTION TO MEMBERSHIP
Knowsley Chamber of Industry and Commerce is a company limited by guarantee. We have been the Voice of Business in Knowsley since 1988. We do not have shareholders, but any financial surplus we make is reinvested into the business to support services to members.
Non-Executive Directors lead the strategic direction of the Chamber, they are local business people and are appointed at the Annual General Meeting.
By joining Knowsley Chamber you are entitled to:-
- Attend and vote at the AGM. You will be given at least 21 days’ notice of the place and time of the meeting. We may also need to call other general meetings in exceptional circumstances.
- Receive the annual accounts
- Elect Non-Executive Directors
- Vote on any fundamental changes to the nature of the business, its name and its purpose.
Knowsley Chamber is recognised for helping businesses grow; we’re committed to helping your business succeed, and the overall commercial success of Knowsley.
Did you know that we’re Knowsley’s major business network? So why not add your voice to the companies that have already joined.
Being a member gives you credibility – Chambers of Commerce have been in existence for hundreds of years as well as being an international brand. In the 2016 Knowsley business survey we found that 75% of respondents said that “they were more likely to buy from local companies”.
There’s a wide range of services that companies are already tapping into, and these are designed to improve business efficiency, effectiveness and ultimately the profitability of your company.
Membership starts from as little as £75 exc VAT, per annum. CLICK HERE for all rates.
Benefits of membership include:
- Free legal helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Free HR/HS website with access to over 750 business policies, templates, policies and procedures
- Legal Expenses Insurance – Employment Tribunal Cover – to cover legal fees and awards. £1m of cover. £100,000 per claim
- Advice on finance, debt recovery
- A host of events and training
- Business networks for Manufacturing, Environment, HR/Wellbeing, Women in Business, Business Watch, B2B Breakfast Networking
- International trade delegations and an Export Documentation service
- Lobbying and representation on your behalf (local and national government)
- Enhanced profile and marketing through our website, social media and e-newsletters (over 2000 contacts)
- Access to useful local contacts and connections
- Expertise, support and guidance
In order to become a member you must complete the application form below. The details you provide will be recorded in the register of members. The Chamber will inform you if your request to be a member has been accepted or rejected.
DATA PROTECTION – General Data Protection Regulations 2018
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we need your consent before we can send you emails regarding news, events, newsletters, and so that you can promote your business to other Chamber members. Your privacy is very important to us, therefore we do not sell, rent or trade any information that we hold about you. As we are a Local Growth Hub partner we are also required to enter your basic details on a common system (Evolutive) used by other Local Growth Hub partners to monitor and record support across the Liverpool City Region and to avoid duplication. It is necessary for details to be disclosed only to our own Staff to conduct business and any funding bodies who require us to do so.
KNOWSLEY CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please make sure you have completed the form as thoroughly as possible and completed every box which has an * next to it as these are compulsory details. To minimise costs and ensure information is as fresh and new as possible, we now send alerts, newsletters etc by email. Therefore it’s important that we have an email address that is regularly viewed. If any details on this application form change we ask that you advise us as soon as possible.
When we recieve your application we will look through it and make contact with you. We will send an invoice for the membership fee and following that we will send you a pack of information on Chamber membership and welcome you to Knowsley Chamber. We also like to come out and meet our members, or you can come to us. We look forward to meeting you and chatting to you about your business.