Imagine Independence, a local Mental Health Charity and Chamber Member, are putting on a Mental Health First Aid course this month. The course is accredited and developed by MHFA England (https://mhfaengland.org/).
Knowsley Chamber members are most welcome to attend but please email Sarah Tunnadine on firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place as numbers are limited.
This 2 Day MHFA training course takes place on the 26th and 27th June
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Please see flyer below for more details. Reductions may be available for charity organisations.