Funding from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund, distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund, has helped Innovate Volunteering to develop The Supportive Neighbours Scheme in Knowsley.
We will build on the Community Spirit we saw during ‘Lockdown’ and ensure local people know how to support and signpost their friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues for support during these challenging times.
The psycho-social impact of Covid-19 has been far-reaching, leaving people of all ages (young people and adults) facing a wide range of different issues including carer breakdown, domestic abuse, finances, mental health issues, suicide, loneliness, child criminal exploitation, anxiety (this list is by no means exhaustive).
“Reaching out for support can be really tough when we are struggling, therefore it is important that we look out for each other, and have the courage to reach out to people who we notice may be struggling” Leanne Mallinson (Co-Director Innovate Volunteering).
The Supportive Neighbours Scheme will provide
- FREE training on how to reach out to someone we notice may be struggling
- FREE awareness training on a whole host of different issues that are affecting our communities
- FREE weekly check in and chat to ensure everyone feels supported.
- Access to FREE emotional support via a qualified counsellor
- You will receive a Supportive Neighbours Pack & Window Sticker
- All training and support will take place via ZOOM. We have daytime and Evening Courses available.
“Knowing where to find support is often a huge barrier, Supportive Neighbours will build up a file of useful resources and information” – Angela Bergquist (Co-Director Innovate Volunteering)
Once training is completed, all we ask is that you look out for each other, and have the courage to reach out if you notice anyone struggling.
Together we can mitigate the impact of Covid-19 on our Communities
For more information please contact Fiona on 07745047690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org