Vacancy for a Business Development Manager, Knowsley Chamber of Commerce
|Business Development Manager, Knowsley Chamber of Commerce
|£28K – £40K (depending on experience)
Closing Date Monday 18 March (interviews will be held between 23 March and 5 April)
|Chief Executive of Knowsley Chamber of Commerce
|1. Role and responsibilities
Knowsley Chamber of Commerce helps to make businesses more successful, by providing networking opportunities, business support and advice, as well as a great range of products and services. Our offices are located in Huyton, Knowsley.
This role will help to develop and coordinate annual membership recruitment and retention through targeted campaigns across Knowsley and the city region. You will be working with the team to develop an annual calendar of activity serving the needs of the membership and wider business community. Alongside this you will be developing a relevant portfolio of commercial products and services to meet member aspirations and needs.
- The promotion of Knowsley Chamber of Commerce membership and services through meeting and engaging with new businesses.
- To stimulate economic growth from new and existing Knowsley businesses being the first point of call for engagement, support and advice for business owners, directors and senior managers to achieve local business sustainability, growth, job creation and investment.
- Working with the CEO will promote the commercial services, training courses and membership benefits so that the Chamber derives additional income.
- To measure performance of the events and training programmes to optimise engagement and income.
- To find investment opportunities via the Business Support Services contract by working with Knowsley businesses to help them to improve their performance, address problems and overcome barriers to growth.
- To develop the recruitment and retention strategies of members, understanding the member lifecycle and implement sales processes to ultimately grow the membership.
- To develop targeted marketing campaigns based on area, size and sector of business to generate new members and will actively engage with member and non-member businesses, attending and facilitating Chamber networking events and continually raising the Chamber’s profile responding to PR opportunities.
- Encourage investment and business growth by building up relationships with key stakeholders including but not exclusive to Liverpool City Region partners, DIT, LEP, Growth Hub and Export Partners. To deputise for the CEO as and when required.
- To develop communications strategies together with other Chamber staff to drive demand for membership. Undertake business research and customer feedback surveys to ensure the membership, networking, events, and training programmes meet and adapt to market need.
- To motivate, manage and support the team to achieve its recruitment and retention objectives, and to achieve annual and monthly targets.
- To provide regular reports on membership development, activities and events, and overall performance to the CEO.
- To create and upload content and narrative for the website regarding products, services and promote the Chamber’s profile on social media.
|2. Person Specification
- Experience in building commercial relationships
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and business development (strategic and tactical)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives
- Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities for the business
- Create a culture of constructive and effective communication
- Communicate with authority and conviction in all situations with all levels of staff/client organisations
- Ability to contribute to development of strategy and take responsibility for delivering strategic objectives
- Recognise changing market forces that may impact upon own or customers’ business and puts plans into action to make a positive contribution
- Ability to work effectively as a member of different teams both internally and externally
|3. Terms of Employment
|37 hours per week; Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm with 60 minutes paid lunch break – with the expectation of a degree of flexibility to accommodate business needs (there is no entitlement to paid overtime).
|You will be required to travel between Knowsley Chamber facilities as business needs dictate and to companies on Knowsley. Business mileage and expenses will be covered
To download application form click here Knowsley Chamber Application Form (all applicants must use this application form which must be accompanied by a covering letter and, if desired, a CV).