Knowsley Chamber is committed to changing attitudes for the better and has signed up, and been certified, as ‘disability confident’. The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.
We have joined over 17,000 organisations that have signed up. Disability Confident organisations play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. They’re changing behaviour and cultures in their own businesses, networks and communities, and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
The scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people, and:
• draw from the widest possible pool of talent
• secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
• improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
It also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
• ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
• communicating and promoting vacancies
• offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
• anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
• supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
• at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Find out more about Disability Confident at: http://www.gov.uk/disability-confident