GUIDANCE FOR EMPLOYERS AND BUSINESSES
The NHS Test and Trace service forms a central part of the Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy, which seeks to help the nation return to normal as soon as possible for as many people as possible, in a way that is safe and protects our NHS and social care sector. Once launched, this service will also play a vital role in providing an early warning if COVID-19 activity is increasing locally, regionally or nationally. This information will then be used to inform the Government’s approach to stop the spread of the virus.
This guidance explains how employers and businesses can play their part in the NHS Test and Trace programme to slow the spread of the virus, protect the health and care system and save lives. This guidance should be used in conjunction with Link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19.
By following the BEIS guidance employers can reduce the risk of co-workers having to self-isolate if a member of staff tests positive for COVID-19.
This guidance is for England only, though there are equivalent arrangements for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
To see the full range of Test and Trace resources, including posters, social media resources, banners and videos, visit: https://coronavirusresources.phe.gov.uk/Test-and-Trace
What is the NHS Test and Trace service?
The NHS Test and Trace service:
• provides testing for anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) to find out if they have the virus.
• gets in touch with anyone who has had a positive test result to help them share information about any close recent contacts they have had.
• alerts those contacts, where necessary, and notifies them they need to self-isolate to help stop the spread of the virus.
By following instructions to self-isolate, people who have had close recent contact with someone with coronavirus will be protecting their family, friends, colleagues and other people around them, and will play a direct role in stopping the spread of the virus.
THE FULL GUIDANCE CONTAINS SECTIONS AND LINKS ON THE FOLLOWING:
1. The role of employers
2. Workplace risk
3. Supporting employers with a workplace outbreak
4. Supporting workers who need to self-isolate
5. Guidance for the self-employed
6. Contact tracing: contact with co-workers
7. The NHS COVID-19 app
TO VIEW THE FULL GUIDANCE CLICK HERE:- Test and Trace workplace guidance
Please contact Lorna Marshall, Working Well Co-ordinator to discuss your own workplace and any questions you may have around Test and Trace.