Knowsley Chamber is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our own workforce and within businesses across Knowsley. We are determined to support organisations equally committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our workforce and workforces across Knowsley to be truly representative of all sections of society and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Our policy is to:
- provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time
- not unlawfully discriminate because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
- oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
Knowsley Chamber commits to:
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as they are good practice and make business sense and we encourage members of Knowsley Chamber to do the same.
- Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
Knowsley Chamber is committed to changing attitudes for the better and has signed up, and been certified, as ‘disability confident’. The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.
Knowsley Chamber is registered with Inclusive Employers and is participating in National Inclusion Week 2021. We will be promoting the activities and events taking place during the week and we will be encouraging members of Knowsley Chamber and other Knowsley businesses to also support this drive and create events of their own.
Knowsley Chamber is supporting the North West LGBTQ+ Business Awards 2021. We are encouraging Knowsley businesses to enter and support the awards.
We are honoured to support the event by representing Knowsley on the panel of judges for the awards and we will host a table at the awards night in October.