Knowsley Council has funding for employers to recruit an apprentice. The value of the grant is £4,500 per apprentice, which is paid at £500 per month for the first 9 months of the apprenticeship.
To be eligible for the scheme:
- The apprentice must be aged 16 to 24 and be a Knowsley resident (proof of address maybe required)
- Employer must pay National Minimum Wage for age (not government apprentice rate)
- Employer must commit to the length of the apprenticeship to be discussed with the college/training provider.
- Employment contract must be a minimum of 30 hours per week including study day which includes 20% off the job training.
- You will be allocated a Mentor who will require regular access to the apprentice and their supervisor to monitor progress to help sustain employment. Apprentice review usually take place every 4/6 weeks.
If you would like to start the process, please send a completed job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job descriptions must be submitted by the 6th May 2022.
If you have any queries, please contact The Knowsley Apprenticeship Team on 07919 298 535 or 07824 372 205.